Attorney | Owner
Matt has gained invaluable experience working in many different aspects of law, including his ‘in the trenches’ trial experience. His love of the legal system, coupled with his enthusiasm and desire to want to build strong relationships with clients, gave him the confidence and motivation to start his own firm in 2013.
Now he’s right where he wants to be, living and working in Indiana, so he can be close to his son and serve each client in extraordinary ways, bringing each a high level of care, personalized attention and a depth of experience to every case. He knows how to move forward in today’s challenging environment and work side-by-side with his clients to help them understand their options and provide clear, concise communication and complete transparency at every level.
- Attorney, Ken Nunn Law Office, October 2011-October 2012
- Responsible for management of a caseload of over one hundred files. Conducted client interviews, as well as Counseling clients throughout the lifecycle of their case. Mediated numerous cases with many different insurance carriers, including State Farm, Allstate and Geico. Gained valuable experience as a plaintiff’s attorney in jury trials.
- Attorney, Allstate, February 2010-October 2011
- Handled all aspects of insurance defense. Responsible for management of caseload of approximately one hundred clients, conducting depositions, as well as written discovery. Mediated numerous settlements and first chaired several jury trials.
- Attorney, Marion County Public Defender Agency, February 2007-February 2010
- Responsible for all aspects of criminal litigation on behalf of clients. Responsible for negotiating plea agreements and/or preparing for trial. During time as public defender, tried over one hundred cases at the bench, as well as several jury trials.
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), the national leader of legal advocacy skills training—the ultimate standard in continuing legal education.
- Instructor, June 2015
- Trial Skills Certification, October 2011
- University of Denver—Sturm College of Law, Doctor of Law (J.D.), Law
- Purdue University—Bachelor of Science, Biology
Awards & Honors:
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys (AIOCLA), Indiana’s “10 Best” Criminal Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction for 2015.
- AIOCLA compiles an exclusive list of the “10 Best” Attorneys for each state, based on certain criteria, such as an impeccable client satisfaction rating and the highest degrees of achievement in his or her field.
- AV-Preeminent, 2013-2015, Attorney Edition
- AV-Preeminent, 2015, Judicial Edition
- A rating by Martindale-Hubble, which is an exclusive award based upon peer and/or judiciary review, granted to lawyers who exhibit the highest level of legal abilities and ethical standards.
- National Trial Lawyers—Top 40 Under 40, 2014
- Top 40 Under 40 is a membership is by invitation only, and is offered to lawyers who exemplify superior qualifications, trial results and abilities as a young lawyer 40 and under. Selection is based on peer nominations, as well as third party research.
- National Trial Lawyers, “Top 100” for both Personal Injury and Criminal Defense, 2013-2015
- Currently, Matt is the only lawyer in the state who is rated Top 100 in both categories, Personal Injury and Criminal Defense.
- Native born and raised Hoosier; currently resides in Indianapolis area with son.
- Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do.